Recycling is an easy way to be kind to the environment because everyone can do something. Here are some simple things you can do to be green that you may never have thought about.
- Return all your hangers back to the drycleaner.
- Bring reusable cloth bags to the grocery store instead of using plastic bags.
- Have a swap party with your friends. Everyone brings over items or clothing they no longer want, and trade.
- Before donating books or magazines, check with the hospital or schools to see if they will accept the donation. Keep in mind, some schools only accept new school supplies.
- Repurpose items. A small flower pot or festive coffee mug can become a pen holder. A Kleenex box can hold plastic bags that you collected (before switching to the cloth bags).
- Reuse plastic bags for smaller trash cans, packing in boxes or holding wet bathing suits from a trip to the beach.
- Fill up a reusable water bottle or coffee mug instead of plastic bottles or paper cups.
- Many appliances use energy when not in use. Unplug things like hair dryers, phone chargers and coffee pots to reduce your energy usage.